Sunday, December 19, 2010

Learning Threory Matrix


At the beginning of this course I was unsure how I best learned.  Having not stuck to one specific style and jumped around, I found that it was harder for me to learn under conventional methods and to be honest, I often wanted to give up on learning -- new methods seemed overwhelming.  Never the less as I push forward with my education and finding myself studying this topic have found some relief.  Nearing the end of the course and having worked through the Learning Theory Matrix I am convinced more than ever that I am ever that I learn best with the Cognitive Learning Theory.  I feel that it is more in line with the way I think about things and logically try to process the information and store that information in my mind.  By taking in new information and combining it with the existing knowledge I already possess building off of it to gain a greater understanding of what I am learning is exciting to me. 
In the army we have training courses that focus on team building and creative thinking, commonly known as FLRC Lanes (Field Leadership Reaction Course), in these you are given a mission to complete with limited supplies and specific guide lines to follow.  An example could be a wall that you have to get over without touching the ground using two poles.  Logic and creative thinking is required to achieve this task. 
In what way will this technology play in my learning in the future?  I am finding that the way I study has changed before I would read texts books or worked on assignments without stopping to logically apply the information to my life.  I think now and from here on out I am trying to change that when I don’t identify with the information I am studying trying to develop my thought process and the way I store the said information will change the way I study and learn.  I am grateful have found this and look forward to it use in my life.  Having learned about the other styles I am finding that I can better relate to those I work with as I observe their learning styles. 
Respectfully,
Jeremey Willson

No comments:

Post a Comment