Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mind Map Reflection

The network that I have developed has undoubtedly affected, and even more accurately shaped, the way I learn, in that I have discovered a multi-faceted arena of knowledge available to me in my different pursuits.  My ‘network’ is somewhat all over the place depending upon whether I am focusing on my military education or my civilian education.  However, in creating my mind map, I have discovered that the sources in which I seek knowledge, advise, and enlightenment all have one distinct thing in common – they are available to me, at my convenience, to help me achieve my goals and overcome my road blocks.  I have learned to call upon resources I would have never thought to seek out, and I have learned to build educational relationships with people who have advised me in my efforts to better myself – and in return, I have been able to properly and succinctly share my knowledge and advise others, which has made me a better educator.  It has given me the opportunity to express myself outside of a traditional classroom setting and taught me that there are other ways of learning.
I have found that the resources available when I have questions are boundless when you are involved in a network.  Search forums, online databases, chat rooms, discussion links, blogs, email, and social network tools are available when I need assistance, and through these means I am able to not only find the answers I’m looking for but develop my knowledge base beyond the additional queries I had.  My personal learning network is a means to support the tenets of connectivism in that, if I were unable to have access to the materials I have, I would not be able to educate myself to the degree that I think is possible.  I rely heavily upon all of the branches of my network, and find great comfort and excitement in the knowledge that they are there, and have many more things to share with me. 
Jeremey Willson

No comments:

Post a Comment